Terms and conditions of Use Log in
These terms and conditions compose a legally binding agreement between Kognity AB, company number 559023-5080, Sibyllegatan 47, 114 42 Stockholm, Sweden (below: "We", "Us"), our school customers (below: "you") concerning the online digital textbooks (below: "Digital textbooks") that We offer through our brand name Kognity.
BY USING OUR DIGITAL TEXTBOOKS YOU AGREE TO OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND TO THIS BINDING CONTRACT BETWEEN YOU AND KOGNITY AB. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF AS LAID OUT IN THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT USE OUR DIGITAL TEXTBOOKS.
Please note that Your statutory rights are not affected.
- The Digital textbook that we provide is a terminable, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to the textbook solely for your personal, non-commercial, non-competitive use.
- The Digital textbook is delivered via the World Wide Web by us and our subcontractors. It is the user's responsibility to ensure internet access, relevant software and hardware. You should make necessary arrangements to connect to the Internet and have a web browser capable of displaying the Digital textbook, as specified on our website.
- The software, technology, artwork are copyrighted property of Kognity AB and its subcontractors.
- The service that we provide is licensed to you for a limited amount of time and is not sold to you.
- Subscriptions for the service, which are licensed to the named individual subscriber, entitle access to the specified subject areas of the site for the named individual subscriber only, and must not be used to enable access to site by anyone other than the named individual subscriber.
- You may not copy, re-sell, reproduce, distribute, rent, loan, lease or sublicense any part of the material provided by us or our subcontractors. You are neither allowed to translate, copy, download or distribute any of the material of the Digital textbook.
- The named individual subscriber identified in the subscription process, unless informed otherwise in writing, is assumed to be responsible for the use made of the supplied username and password.
- We will do everything in our power to ensure our delivery schedule is met. In the event of server failure, we will do what we can to make alternative arrangements for access as quickly as we are able.
- Force majeure : We cannot accept liability for any failure of the service resulting from a matter beyond its reasonable control such as lightning, flood, exceptionally severe weather, fire, explosion, war, civil disorder, industrial disputes (whether or not involving its employees), or acts of local or central Government or other competent authorities, or events beyond the reasonable control of its suppliers. In such an event which prevents us delivering the service for an extended period of time, more than 14 days, we would where appropriate endeavour to refund subscriptions for that time period of service not supplied.
We reserve the right to terminate any subscription if :
- we have reason to believe it is being abused.
- in our opinion continuing it would endanger the service as a whole.
- if payment for services supplied is not received within 14 days of invoice date.
- If any part of these terms and conditions is found to be invalid or unworkable, that part shall be deemed omitted, and the rest shall stand.
- These Terms & Conditions constitute the entire agreement between us, and supersedes any other agreement or understanding between the parties relating to the subject matter of these Terms & Conditions.
- Unless you ask us not to, we may contact you via email to tell you about product updates and suggestions as to how you can get the most value from using our product, or conduct surveys to improve our services.
- No provision of these Terms & Conditions shall be enforceable by a third party and the Contracts (Right of Third Parties) Act 1999 is thus entirely excluded.
- These Terms & Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of Sweden. Each party irrevocably agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Sweden over any claim or matter arising under or in accordance with this agreement.